Since the discovery of graphene, many other two dimensional van-der-Waals materials have been isolated. We aim to unravel novel quantum phenomena in these materials via charge transport at cryogenic temperatures. To this end we also tune the properties of our 2D systems, for example via electric fields or interfacing them with other 2D materials.
- U. Zschieschang et al., “Electrical Characteristics of Field-Effect Transistors based on Individual Chemically Synthesized Graphene Nanoribbons”, Advanced Electronic Materials 1, 1400010 (2015) (article online)
- D. S. Lee et al., “Transconductance Fluctuations as a Probe for Interaction-Induced Quantum Hall States in Graphene”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 109, 056602 (2012) (article online)
- R.T. Weitz et al., “Broken-Symmetry States in Doubly Gated Suspended Bilayer Graphene”, Science 330, 812 (2010) (article online)
Organic semiconductors are of interest for use in energy harvesting and for transistor circuits in large-area electronic devices. In this context, the goal of our research is to add fundamental understanding of (opto-) electronic processes in organic materials. For example, despite the long history of research in organic semiconducting materials, there is still a debate about the prevailing charge transport mechanism. Via precisely controlling the morphology of organic small molecules and polymers, we aim to unravel the prevailing charge transport process occurring within organic semiconductors and across semiconductor heterojunctions.
- G.E. Purdum et al., "Understanding Polymorph Transformations in Core-Chlorinated Naphthalene Diimides and their Impact on Thin-Film Transistor Performance", Adv. Fun. Mat. , 26, 2395, (2016) (article online)
- U. Zschieschang et al., “Separating the Impact of Oxygen and Water on the Stability of n-channel Perylene Diimide Field-Effect Transistors”, Organic Electronics 26, 340, (2015) (article online)
- R.T. Weitz et al., “Organic n-Channel Transistors Based on Core-Cyanated Perylene Carboxylic Diimide Derivatives”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 130, 4637 (2008) (article online)